The University of the Philippines (UP) commended the efforts of President Rodrigo Duterte and Jose Maria Sison to end the decades-long problem of communist insurgency in the country.
UP Film Center has conferred “Gawad Supremo” awards on the two, who both decided to return to the negotiating table and discuss the peace process between the government and the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP).
In his speech read by his spokesperson Ernesto Abella, Duterte said it is his dream to see a united Philippines “without leftists or rightists”.
During the peace talks held in Oslo, Norway from August 22-26, the peace panel signed and agreed on some matters which would be addressed in succeeding talks between the government and CPP.
“Hopefully, a final peace agreement will be forged soon. But there is a lot of work to be done to achieve our dream for a better quality of life for all Filipinos,” said Duterte.
- NEVER trust anyone associated with the Yellow Camp!
- History revised: Cory Aquino’s DESPERATE appeal for US military intervention in 1989!
- That’s so elitist! CHED’s Popoy De Vera slams Licuanan for anti-poor statement on free tuition
- Tinotoo nga! Robredo: Foreign donors shunning aid to PH due to lack of request from gov’t
- Magdalo Officer Shows Proof that Sen. Trillanes is Indeed a “Sundalong Kanin”